Saturday

Pictographic Divider

a soulful admission

Sometimes,
and most times not,
I do say I am so tired of being all things to all people.

I collected masks from Bali, Africa, Indonesia, India, Israel, the ghetto, street vendors and gifts of adornment and appreciation like I have collected worn rings on my fingers and thumbs from the Navajo and Yavapi tribesmen and clanspeople and
I disposed of, gifted others as prized possessions and even lost a few in various moveabouts like a gypsy to rid myself of the expectation of being everything to everyone and sometimes and most times I want to just be something to myself.

And by ridding myself of the masks of many lands and the rings of silver, gold, turquoise and onyx I have slowly, but purposely peeled away layers to expose the only thing that I fear the most, me.
link

1 Comments:

Blogger kj said...

hello eric, i read your recent blog entry impressed with your articulate insight and be-here-now courage.

i would like to visit your blog if you don't mind.

kj

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home