Tuesday

Pictographic Divider

tuesday 18.07

Shy of two weeks by a day or two my hospice 'team' was dismantled to my strong but silent objection and I began the process of educating a new nurse. Other than feeling slightly rehearsed and uncomfortable, extremely uncomfortable ,it was my intention to make this team function better than before as I was and am constantly reminded that this is MY team and it is MY process and MY death.

Two weeks later I look at the lack of care from medicine bottles that are near empty to calls that are continuously not returned with the purpose of streamlining some important necessary evils that are required under the rules and regulations of hospice. At some point this week ( I await the call since Friday) I will meet with my case manager again and loudly vocalize my dissatisfaction with the team effort. If this were the playoffs, I would not be in contention and since my life literally is at stake it is important that all aboard are very aware of my feelings of inadequacy and team complacency.

If change is not immediate as the time is borrowed and this phase of illness I speak freely about, I will be forced to exercise my rights and fire at will, keeping in mind that a different hospice will have to be put into place before a said firing should just occur. To meet with other hospices will be my plan as I learned that my name will not be removed from terminal anytime soon.

I tried,
but the team of physicians see the bigger picture of what my multi system failure is doing. I just see opportunity and hope and no use for a daily process called 'active dying'.
link

2 Comments:

Blogger Fox's Mom said...

Good morning Eric! It is Wed, have you been able to line anything up? Most important, do you think this will slow your planned journey north?

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be patient my friend. You will be taken care of.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home