Sunday

Pictographic Divider

the petals, rose petals

The week before last I made a purchase, a coat, much like a hoodie only with a longer body and upper pockets, as well as cuffs that button, much like a shirt.

I knew that even with the heat of the Texas sun approaching and lingering around and about, my lack of body fat, muscular structure meant that in order to sit outside as long as I am able and watch Ashley as she gallops about the backyard, I needed to have something of substance to keep me warm.

True to my theory, I wore it for the first time tonight, not even taking the time to remove the tags on the inside, the inspection stickers placed on the inside of each pocket, left and right, and warmth was abundant but hot, not at all and the fact that it the jacket was on clearance for less than I can purchase a T is and was a factor in my decision to make the purchase.

As I fumbled around to get acquainted with my new 'digs', I found in the pocket, sitting atop my heart, dried out petals, rose petals, and I was pleasantly mystified, promising myself they shall remain there as long as I possess ownership...

An inspiration of sorts, a mystery too as the coat is new and I shall check with the manufacturer but can bet no other possesses the petals.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home