Monday

Pictographic Divider

leave your manners at the front door

I have always known the importance of manners from the time I was small to the present and all times in between. I will not declare myself holy than though and claim that I am Mr. Manners, often double dipping at a function if no one is watching, sometimes tgetting caught, sometimes forgetting as I was thinking about something else for one reason or another. I took classes on manners as I had instructors that demanded them and spent a good amount of time in a fraternity house that gave members fines, hefty fines, for improper manners, no excuses, cash only.

I know that manners are important to people. You do not have to expect a thank you but to hear one sure is a warm feeling verses hearing nothing or something negative instead. And somewhere along the line, as one matures, I believe that one masters manners, those important, those not so important.

I am, however; quite surprised to see such a lack of manners in the home for which I reside. I might be asked to come to the table and be served something that I find repulsive, but still I believe it proper to say thank you at minimum and help with the clean-up a given. I watch around me and see that the approach I speak of, manners in general are disregarded here. In place, its negative thoughts, negative comments that have no place being said or having to be heard for what ever the reason may be, usually none... just to be crass, snide, offensive and down right rude.

I have learned that after hearing such negativity the energy it takes re-center and re-balance my own is tremendous. It snot a brush off the shoulder type of situation as if were something to be treated so simple, the comment(s) would have never been said in my direction to begin with.

And I think of how truly miserable, unhappy and repulsive one is to treat another with such great disrespect, complete and utter disregard, as if to prove worth and personally worth is something I do not give a damn about.

I have heard the phrase, 'if I had a dime...', well if I had a dime for every negative speech I have been given, every time I have been told 'this is mine', the declaration of ownership, I certainly would not be living here nor anywhere close. And it saddens me to know that this is what I remember from childhood too, and as I walk the final steps on my journey, however more there may be, this is what I will remember and possibly take with me into the afterlife , wondering why...

as in my opinion, the amount of energy it takes to be negative and have manners that portray negativity far outweigh any it takes to think and be positive to another, around another and for the sake of another.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home