Saturday

Pictographic Divider

I tried to slumber but actually am having a difficult night sleeping. It has been more fun sitting outside and smoking grit after grit and listening to the calls of nature, the survival of the species as a wail is heard from the distance, a piercing wail that signifies a fight and from the screeching and howling it was nothing pretty, but gruesome, too gruesome to witness I do believe, as the strong survived and the weak were silenced after putting up a pretty damn good fight that lasted over a half an hour or so.

Hearing all this while watching the clouds dace over the brightness of a night’s less than full moon only intensified the situation and made me think and wonder until it bothered me as I knew something, something that was cherishing a day ago was no gone, part of the universe.

But I understood that this is life in the animal kingdom and that we too are animals, just failing to realize our place in this vast universe we call home for now…

link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home