Thursday

Pictographic Divider

surgery went fine

Yesterday was the 'big day', surgery day and the anxiety and reservation was there and thoughts streamed in and out of my mind as I waited patiently, knowing the end result would outweigh any trepidation I might have been feeling. The wait was the most difficult and quite long as the woman having surgery before me had a slight complication so I lay there without the ability to drink or eat anything, taking to my mother as my mind wandered.

Finally I was up and the anesthesiologist gave me a 'margarita without salt' and after that I remember very little until I came to in recovery. I asked if I spoke any only to be told I mumbled a few inaudible phrases and then said, 'no secrets, no secrets' which was me remembering the night before to be careful what I said as surgery is known to pull all sorts of secrets out of people.

I now rest with a catheter inserted, draining a bag several times a day if not more and will have it removed on Tuesday and then hopefully, will be able to pee like a race horse.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home