Saturday

Pictographic Divider

bonded

While is was vacationing in FLA this past July, I was loosely scheduled to meet the significant other, Matthew Allen, of a girl I have known as an acquaintance since the later 90's. Prior to my visit MA was not returning phone calls to Joseph and I thought that possibly he was not responding as he was not interested in meeting me, knowing I live with a terminal illness.

The phone rang Saturday morning and Joseph was summonsed to MA and Sues' apt. and I sat at Josephs' wondering what type of trip this clearly was going to be, having already spent time in the apt. while Joseph finished working so he could take a few days off, vacation days.

MA and I met later that Saturday and my thoughts were far from the truth, they were not even on the same page or chapter as the truth. MA had just gone through a horrific tragedy with a family member and still, he made the choice to meet me, the most difficult circumstances weighing heavy in his mind, his heart shattered into tiny shards that could not be seen by the naked eye.

We talked for hours and have kept communicating via phone and e-mail since my return back to Texas, most days more than once, rarely fewer than thrice times a day. AS Joseph and I toured the city and did what we did, we kept in touch with MA and Sues, offering anything we might be able to provide to assist MA, Joseph doing most of the offering as he has known MA for several years where as I had only heard about him, third party.

I learned during my final week of vacation that MA had been burning me some cds, not asked for nor expected, not talked about other than mentioning I had heard some of his artizm in cds he had previously burned for Joseph and was taking them home to burn and place on my i-pod.

When I walk the dogs, ride my bike, go to a store or sometimes lounge around my parents home, I am always listening to my i-pod, concentrating on the eight MA made, five especially for me, presented to me the night prior to my return. Today I e-mailed MA and let him know that finally, I was able to tell him the title and the reason why one cd, 'the art of communication', had struck a different chord than the other seven, this particular cd showing me his artistic vision, his ability to allow a very complex story be told through music. The music he chose and shared with me. While I wrote this particular e-mail, MA had called and left me a message and upon hearing the message I was dumb-founded. MA had made me another set of cds, the number four and he stamped and mailed them today. The only day that I praised, in black and white, his artistic visions.

Spiritually it was not about the cds. It was about what was taking place 1,500 miles apart at exactly the same time. a bond formed in July and confirmed, without want nor need, in a special way that we could relate to, today.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home