Friday

Pictographic Divider

seeing the end in color

It has become truly a humbling experience to listen to what others have to say about my written word as I sit, watch and clearly notice the decay that continues. And although there still is some battle left in me, I know the time to dance with the heavens is drawing near, my stamina depleted, my words sometimes mumbled and my body getting thinner and thinner.

Still, I look at the positive, how I have survived over a period of time and hope that another can take from my writing what is intended, and that be something, anything to provide a hope, a challenge and a proof that amidst many circumstances for which I will never understand, one can survive and the soul can rise above and watch from a mere distance of sorts as the body continues as best it can to survive and that people, far and near, are there to offer support, lend an ear and show love, and be the love that I so yearn for.

To those that have given so much you are thanked as always and remembered as touchstones during my challenges. To those that have not gotten it yet or refuse to understand, I am sorry for the writing was before you as was I and if only you would have asked you would have known the answers you will one day so desperately seek.
link

1 Comments:

Blogger Welcome said...

Greetings Eric,

Thank you for your candor, your sharing. Your trials sadden me. But your spirit enriches mine. I have not been labeled terminal, however, I too am very ill with several autoimmune diseases that are wearing me down. I too, have begun a blog that notes some of my life observations in the hopes that others, ill or not, can receive some kernel of comfort in their life.
I wish you a beautiful day!
Yours truly,
Rebecca

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home