Friday

Pictographic Divider

day three

Somewhere along the line I learned or taught myself that the third day of anything is the most difficult. When I stopped smoking, day three was a nightmare, when I fell ill with a cold or the flu, day three, the worst. My surgery is no different. Today is day three and I have had more discomfort and pain today that the previous two combined. Now I can assume that day one was fairly pain free as I was pretty 'doped up' most of the day and remember parts of the day in bits and pieces, but the full day, no, I do not remember.

This morning I awoke with the intension of watching a meteor shower but the clouds where dancing so my plans changed and I crawled back into bed only to not be able to fall back to sleep, the area where I am hopefully healing and healing well, letting me know that it was there and most definitely in discomfort. I took medicine to lesson the pain but still was unable to fall asleep and finally, this afternoon, my body crashed and I slept for an hour or two, lying in bed for a few more just listening to my surroundings.

Tonight I will go outside and give some good tobacco to Mother Earth as a sign of my appreciation for all the beauty she is bringing me this time of the year, leaves falling and changing color, ducks and geese flying in packs above me and coyotes howling at will during the course of the night in the direction of the lake that soon will be developed land, vital parts of Mother Nature to become misfits once again. Still, the beauty out weighs anything megative I might be seeing or hearing and for this, I am grateful and a show of appreciation is most definitely in order.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home