Wednesday

Pictographic Divider

a thought or two on the 31st

Halloween...It used to be a favorite holiday of mine but as friends moved away and I eventually moved too, I live with the memories and we did have some terror filled nights. All in good fun though and always, we were able to make a creative costume at the last second and yes, plenty of beer and even candy to give out in a bar or street party...

Our neighborhood somehow got the city to create a new park and I have been watching the process from the onset, up until the grand opening two weekends ago. It was quite interesting to watch the number of trees bull dozed for new ones to be planted, a sophisticated sprinkler system installed, a walking path, a small water park and a fountain running on the small side of the lake. All in all, well done I say although I have been more than disheartened to see people not living in the neighborhood or anywhere near Rockwall leaving their tainted mark upon that which is beauty in most eyes. Mine at least but others are into destruction and destroy they have, already traipsing through the field of wildflowers, bike tracks where sod once was and even someone having the nerve to pull up planted plants and take them home I imagine.

And sadly, the lack of interest in the neighbor has allowed those from the outside to play a game of destruction in front of my eyes and those that worked so hard to pull of a great place to ponder, walk and chill with a dog. All three of which I have done and continue to look forward to doing.

My plans for next month remain in the air, a ticket booked, just trying to coordinate time with the ole crew in FLA, possibly meeting elsewhere which would be all the better for a change of scenery and even with the park, I am desperate need of a change of scenery.

So tonight, no plans other than keeping Ashley Marie calm as the little trick or treaters will be running the neighborhood in full force, reminding me of when it was me who did it and not to long ago, either.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home