Monday

Pictographic Divider

staggered start

Through self discovery or possibly something as complex as trying to sleep while my thoughts, some concrete and some so completely irrational that the thought of the thought scares me more than the actual thought, I learned of my need for a staggered start.

Instead of multi-tasking and multi everything else, I forced myself to slow down, especially in the morning and allow it to continue over the course of hours rather than a few minutes, possibly a little longer if I had nothing planned mid-morning.

The calm it brings to my physical body is soothing. The mental, a sense of false, but wanted, control, over what is me entirely and the spirit just hovers above, around and sometimes flies afar teaching me peace and tranquility when I call their names.

The concept is simple:
a staggered start and the rewards are too great to mention but the need to 'just be' and 'just do' is much easier said than done. It has and continues to take practice, conscious thought and a desire as I still am tempted to fight my own philosophy of being clinically and pharmaceutically ZEN. I am able to allow what is left working, work and give what needs rest, rest and express what is important, allowing the remainder time to absorb.

If I stagger start my medication by dosage and type, I am so much more likely to notice the effectiveness whereas; When I take all of my morning medication, as labeled in the morning, the initial hours while each is absorbed and does as it is prescribed with the correct neurotransmitter and organ can be a time of intense anxiety, emotional and physical rushes that eventually calm, but never appear when the same 'portfolio' is administered under a staggered start because I am allowing absorption to take place.

My beginning, my body and my ending are altered and I like the result. It may take me a little longer to 'get there' than I am accustomed to, but I still get there and the things I have seen along the way are more defined, remembered and simply enjoyed and since I seldom can remember what it felt like to really 'feel good', any indication of that feeling is welcomed, unconditionally.

If I stagger start a meal, concentrating on the preparation, the taste and the texture over a period of prep, cook and eat, I am more likely to appreciate the wholeness, concentrate on my bites and lesson the attack a full meal has on my internal organs. I feel better and therefore it tastes better which makes me want or even suggest a dessert and when I am full, I have some left for later grazing, about the time my body is craving a left-over or I am slumped over in pain from all left to absorb.

If I stagger start a conversation with a person, we each play the role of active listener and often talk longer about issues of quality and substance instead of losing air time to talk of the weather and trying so desperately to remember what was said. I look forward to future conversations as I see the last as full of quality and commitment, not judged or juried but accepted.

Staggered starts have given me a 'go with the flo mentality' and force me to concentrate on my 'agenda' and that of anothers without manifestations of negative self images and gloom hovering about me and those that currently stand beside me in person or otherwise.

Easier said than done, I practice staggered starts as the alternative has proved overwhelming, often times complicating that which is too complicated from onset. The benefits I receive are worth slowing down for and the rest, their is no time to worry over non-spilt milk.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home