Saturday

Pictographic Divider

perception

After less than two days on Methadone I have decided, possibly premature, to stop using the medication as I cannot get over the stigma that I have in my mind, the clear picture ( but the wrong and false picture) of Methadone being a street drug only provided to junkies in the free clinics. I look at the bottle and I think heroine and I have never seen heroine nor have I experienced its high except through a documentary on public television.

I cannot get the image association out of my mind, the association heroine to methadone, the association that made me re-think my options for pain management and at the expense of feeling more pain, I will continue with morphine and fentanyl. However prepared I thought I was to explore methadone as a pain reliever, I was not ready to explore ME as a recipient of the wonders methadone has brought to pain management, especially those with end stage cancers, more specifically, the bone.

At a later date, if I feel a true sense of need, I will re-explore the issue, with team consent and opinion, with a conclusion possibly similar or more likely different than tonight. And it is not whether I re-address
Methadone
it is what I am willing to take for pain management, physical pain but also important, my perception of the medication to choose from.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home