Wednesday

Pictographic Divider

Alexandra Lauren is

Today, Alexandra turns one. Its her day just as it was a year ago as we all sat and paced, occupying our minds and our bodies until the word came in that April had given birth to a beautiful baby girl.

So many questions I had and so many I still have as it has been a joy, a pleasure and a unique privilege to watch as she has grown and is now taking her first steps, sharper than a tack, never missing a beat and always dancing, smiling and teaching the simplicities of life if we allow her to.

And
allow I do and thus I let her in, past my eyes as she gazes deep with her baby blues into my soul, speaking in a language to that voice within me that speaks back to her and I wonder what her future holds, what spark she has brought me and know that happiness is a plenty as she has more than most, much more, but gives too in a way that is pure and real and wholesome and honest....untarnished as it should be for now as things will change, they always do.

Its not jabber to me nor baby talk but signs and signals from where she came from as she begins to exude a personality and her language, although not always distinguishable, has a diction that forces one to look and take notice as soon, she will not be so innocent, learn the rules forced upon us all and that which she tries to convey lost and the only thing she will remember are the stories told, the pictures and videos shown as she grows and matures, asking and being taught along the way but me knowing I had the joy of knowing her and she me, the uncle who will be a memory but the uncle that always looked from a distance as I had more fun watching her than cuing over her...

The uncle that knew every visit was precious, every touch worthwhile and every stare meaningful as her journey begins and mine winds down as it was meant to be...
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home