Tuesday

Pictographic Divider

return

After more than a bit of trepidation, I returned the Burton Andy Warhol Icon Parka as it was too big and had been weighing heavily on my mind, never having removed the tags, simply tucking them, carefully, up my left arm...

Although it was a gift, and the story behind the original painting, 'Guns, Knives & Crosses', painted after the attempted murder of Warhol by Valerie Solaris in 1968 that led Warhol's painting on death and the subject of to be more tame, more abstract and more thought provoking when it came to the subject of religion and his beliefs on the herafter and how the two connect, something I certainly could more than relate to, I new something was not right when I could not bring myself to cut the tags off, wearing it seldom and always putting it back in its original packaging.

It certainly was a beauty, one of a kind and a collector's piece, but the fact that I am dealing with a finality weighed heavily on my decision and although the relating to was something that spoke directly to me and my plight, it was something that kept me awake at night, pacing at times, at the acceptance of something that for a reason bigger than me, made me graciously return it for something that has less of a direct impact on how I think, feel and believe, something I can enjoy and love but will have a much less impact on the who, the why, the where I am in life...
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home