Wednesday

Pictographic Divider

wednesday 12.07

I am starting or continue for that matter to dabble in relationships, friendship and otherwise, thinking often about what they mean and how, if at all, they fit into my existence as I sit here now. I look upon friendship as a relationship and I find that more often than not I play the role of a psycho-therapist making sure the next one is comfortable or at least semi-knowledgeable of the journey I embark on, the path I walk. And this I must say makes for some interesting thought and more than one sleepless hour as I toss and turn and often toss again is wonderment.

I wonder about what another thinks, what another is trying to convey to me. The comfort or lack thereof, the feeling of temporary loss while I am still here and the whole time I remember my feelings from afar and days ago when I too was posed with the questions regarding terminal and I, unlike many I have met, accepted the role as the care giver but more importantly, was not afraid to enter into a relationship knowing that each day mattered greatly, there was no time or little time for a cheap courting and the truth was essence in my understanding and ability to do for another what I would want done for myself.


So as I sit here and think and the thoughts go back and forth. reappearing when I want and then sometimes when I least expect it, I think and know that I too am just a little frightened but am so willing to take the risk, for the risk is all I know and the relationship meaningful as my spirit gathers strength and support from another and my spirit provides support and strength to another.
I refuse to not participate and this I know is good for my mental although taxing on my sometimes made up and unrealistic emotions.
link

3 Comments:

Blogger Fox's Mom said...

This may seem trite, but have you ever heard the song "Live Like You Were Dying"?

My tastes usually run to SNZ-(shame they broke up, isn't it? Fox used to 'borrow' my CD's) but this song really got me. My dad was like the man the song is about-when my Pop got his diagnosis he decided to keep living 'till he died, including hang gliding and his motor bike (he used to scare the bloody hell out of my brother and me when he would put on a long hair wig and smoked face plate helmet to hide his canula. He'd put the hosing through his leathers and the tank in a huge back pack, kick off and go.)

He was hoping to fall in love again right up to the day he died.

It is breathtaking to me that you would be able to give so much to someone when you are going through what you are going through yourself, breathtaking and not a little inspiring.

Nothing is more healing than being willing to love.

Very right, Eric, very right!

Bianca

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric,

We love you and know you can feel our love, too!!! We await your journey with us, our family and our friends....You are an inspiration to many...Always...
LLR~..P.S. Live Like You Were Dying is one of Dawsen's favorite's!!!!

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The world however didn't wait...it spins with precision and all that are a part of this kaleidescope somehow happen to meet on their respective journeys. There is no thing as coincidence. People meet for a reason...lessons learned along our paths...albeit for what seems a short time...to embrace again in another time and space..

Scotty~

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home