Thursday

Pictographic Divider

hand out

I find myself wanting to sit at a busy Dallas street corner for no other reason than to people watch and while I am watching people of a variety of ethnicities, shapes and dialects I put my hand out and see what is offered and taken.

It could be lint from a jeans pocket, a worn quarter from the year 2004 or a chewed piece of gum forgotten from yesterday or the day before. I extend my hand out not because I want something although something I know I would receive. I stick my hand out to give something and that which I give is myself for those willing to take and understand I want nothing in return except the ability to keep my dignity and self respect in tact. And should I be spit upon I shall just smile and speak no words, for a smile, a simple smile, is a reward I offer to most takers accepting my hand out.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home