Thursday

Pictographic Divider

heat

At 58 ticks past 4 in the morning I am awake, wide awake. Not that I am not exhausted, but past exhaustion. I am awake as I cannot find a spot anywhere that I look that has a degree of warmth to it. The temperature outside registers 33 with a blow wind howling from the North at a steady 15 miles per hour and the 'feel like' temperature, 26. The windows shake and the drafts are felt with every move I make, from the cold of the toilet seat to a stretch of my leg and my back, the cold is doing NOTHING but provide more pain and a constant reminder of the fractures and masses that were found on Friday.

I am layered and look like the marshmallow man, not able to move my extremities easily, all in the name of finding warmth and although my family speaks of the cold and knows too well of my medical dilemma, their refusal to turn on the heat is a sign of defiance and complete disregard for my needs, special needs, that they would not live without if they admitted to the chill they feel as well, the stubbornness not to turn on the heat going past overboard into the realm of insanity.

Point well taken for what ever reason, none that can nor is logical to me.

After all, Winter is rearing its head and has been for several weeks, leaves gone and temperatures falling, medicines having to be replaced as it is getting too cold indoor and thus is no longer usable, more money out of my pocket for a reason that I find less than humane, illogical and unjustifiable. Is it all to prove a point or because they are fat and do not feel the cold as I feel it? Yet they too live in layers, talk about how cold it is and still ignore the problem altogether.

The ten day forecast...even colder yet.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home