Saturday

Pictographic Divider

evening walk

Tonight I walked, starting out well before dusk and returning as the sun drifted behind the clouds, unable to find my strife I kept walking, listening to music and the sounds around me of car mufflers, horns, brakes and people laughing... the hustle and bustle of a Saturday night in suburbia.

Step after step I went with Ashley Marie by my side and for a moment or minute and maybe a bit longer I stopped... stomach pains, sharp on the right and then the left, realizing I had not eaten nor drank enough prior to my beginning and thus, the feeling of being 'out of rhythm', natural as I forced myself to continue, remembering the words of my Florida physician that told me to 'keep walking, never stop walking'. I looked at strip malls and new construction, trying to figure out what was being built as some building took shape aside the final picture and others had none, leaving only my imagination to create the finality of the structure to be.

I stopped again , enticed by the aroma of barbecue that came with a gust of a Northwesterly blow wind and the pains went away. My hunger dismissed by the smell, my belly full, my stride reached.

We continued until we reached our final turn, toward a resting spot temporarily called home for lack of a better word and a different place to hang my hat, rest my body and drink cold water with ice, extra ice...
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home