Wednesday

Pictographic Divider

a new beginning, so fragile, so innocent and so loved...

Alexandra Lauren Lane was born on 08 April, 2008 at 7:06 pm weighing in at 7lbs 6oz and 20 inches long. Mother and baby Lexy, as I shall call her, are healthy and doing remarkably well and will be making a visit sometime tomorrow so that I may be fortunate enough to meet her.

As I have looked at the pictures my brother has sent I have been amazed at how wide open her eyes are, the windows to the soul... and I wonder what she is thinking of this world, where she came from, is she an old soul or a new soul, will she know I am ill and will she know good from evil. What type of person will she be, what might she sound like? What curiosities and talents will she have and will she have a relationship, a loving relationship, with her mother and father?

I wonder how long I will be given the gift of watching her grow or will I fade quickly, only to be a memory in a photo album, possibly talked about and explained through someone else's perspective, she never remembering who her uncle was but knowing she had an uncle called Eric. Will she sense the love i feel toward her and smile upon first meeting? Is it possible we have met before, a time long before and she will gaze at me as I gaze at her, our eyes speaking as only they can speak, she sitting in my lap, making a grunt or two, grabbing a finger and holding on and leaving me with the scent of a baby....that innocence, child of G-D scent that never can be duplicated but so often talked about and loved by many.

I wait, I question and I wonder and think that maybe she does too...finding comfort in my existence as I will in hers'.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home