Wednesday

Pictographic Divider

the ship sails

My next adventure awaits me as I plan to cruise the Western Caribbean in May, possibly alone and by choice with the intent of meeting people from all over, with different intentions but all coming together on the same cruise line at the same time for a reason I am yet to know.

What better way to spend Cinco de Mayo than in Cozumel and Progresso, Mexico and the Yucatan before returning home with more stories to tell, adventures to share and people to remain in contact with.

It was a gift given by my brother, for two but with his permission I am choosing to cruise alone , to answer to no one and to follow only the posted rules creating my own fun as I see fit and as I feel as only going single can and will allow me to do.

It will be a freedom I so miss and so often write about not having and if only for a week, it is my freedom, something I will find, having lost it with the rules and regulations and lack of understanding I experience living at home. The feelings of being merely an adolescent will disappear if only for awhile but deserved and appreciated before I even set sail. I think about dining alone because I can, knowing I always feel for those I see doing what I am going to do, having realized that possibly it is not out of loneliness as I once thought but out of a need, a desire to re-connect with self on the vast waters where an entire world exists beneath me and around me and I will be a part of something new, something fresh and something I will not have the opportunity to do again as I have already been told that my system weakens and travel will get rougher and sooner than later I will make the decision to stop, with destiny calling my name.

Never have I cruised and believe I will find the experience nothing short of breath taking, when people ask, upon my return, if I had a good time and I simply smile and answer, 'the best'. I have little expectations and hope for decent weather and know down deep the experience itself will be an unforgettable memory worth sharing with those who choose to ask and listen and look as I visually will try to capture what I am feeling day by day, moment by moment, one person at a time...
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home