Thursday

Pictographic Divider

a part

Today I had an appointment with a Pastor (female) from the reform Catholic church not to alter my religious preference, but to learn more about the reform movement and how they differ from a traditional Roman Catholic, their views on the Pope, heaven and hell, Judaism, etc.

The meeting was set up as a informal meeting and I watched as the clock ticked closer toward our meeting time as the sky darkened, thunder crackled, lightening began to strike and for a moment I thought, what a great set up to discuss the many curiosities I have...

The rain came down in small drops as the sky turned black and soon I received a call postponing our meeting until Friday. I continued to watch as the sun re-surfaced, dark clouds lifted and the wind stopped moving the trees. The heat returned as did the silence, except for a row of sparrows that perched the length of my parents' rooftop and as I went out to find their location, they took off and flew elsewhere in unison. The flap of their wings creating one sound from what must have been thirty or more birds, one leading the flock, flying ever so slightly faster than the rest.

And I thought, was this purely a coincidence or was it a symbol from my creator, only time providing me with an answer, but to think otherwise if not even for a moment would have been foolish and certainly not a part of who I am, small or large, knowing the meeting was postponed due to a part to the Reverend's vehicle that broke down after a long day's journey.
link

1 Comments:

Blogger kj said...

eric, your writing is better and better, stronger and stronger. you can write!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home