Sunday

Pictographic Divider

saturday 26. 08

I spent countless hours staring tonight at the light show provided by the moon and the clouds dancing around and about forming pictures, symbols and watched as Mars glistened with intensity.

Earlier I had watched the trees dancing in the wind from classical to free form, each branch, each leaf performing in unison with another. And in the early morning I reveled in the rising sun as the warmth was felt on my person, the brightness and intensity quickly erasing the morning dew as I walked a bit with the dogs through a field of sorts of weeds, fire ant mounds hiding right below my right foot, leaving their mark as my foot swelled and blisters formed, sweat dripping from my forehead leaving me craving water more than usual.

And I wondered how I could entertain such beauty without giving something back and I knew, once again, it was time to plant seedlings around the neighborhood, which I did and offer tobacco to the earth, which I did chanting in a tongue foreign even to me but taught by the Shaman I met while in Arizona some time ago.

The music through my i-pod only added to the enjoyment, the awe I witnessed on this, the Sabbath, which I always recognize in silence as I said a prayer upon waking, wiping the sleep from my eyes, smiling knowing I had to have slept long enough for gunk to for in my eyes and this too made me happy.

Now as I write it is Sunday and I wonder what is before me as yesterday is gone, but the memories etched in my mind's eye with some permanence, kept silent not out of selfishness but fear that others surrounding me night not understand or see the value in what I saw. This too, being alright and acceptable for me to comprehend. I will go and smoke and think little, enjoying more of what I left to share in my thoughts as an entry but more importantly, a memory of sorts so that when seedlings grow someone will know that I planted and they too will enjoy the beauty instead of looking about and thinking mundane thoughts or scenarios that might take them to far away lands, forgetting the beauty is before them and always has been. One simply has to look and remember that doing nothing but watching is doing something, sometimes more valuable than any plan one might make out of want or their personal perception of boredom.
link

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

E~

You have an amazing way with your words. I am always moved when I sit and read your thoughts.

Be well...Lynn AKA Mama Bear

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home