Sunday

Pictographic Divider

sunday 14.05

Today is my mother's day and I will give to my mother,
as a symbol,
on her day, what she has given to me in a lifetime. I will cook her brunch to her perfection, her seasoning, her palette and taste and will stay close by the nest for conversation or simple time, but invaluable time. No voices will be raised and extra effort and energies will be exuded to show her that I do care in only way I know how, with tokens of love and friendship.

And we will smile and relish in the bond that only a mother and son can have and this, I too will enjoy, cherish and take hold of, never wanting to let go. Unlike yesterday and even tomorrow, today will be different. A good different.

To others that have called me son or acted like a mother, I think of you too. And when it is proper I will raise my glass high in the air and toast your honor as I should and remind you, lovingly, as I have previously said with laughter and in passing, 'I get it. One mother is enough, trust me.' I thank you, to all my mothers, from your friend and son,
love,
eric

link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home