Sunday

Pictographic Divider

I choose San Francisco instead...

I appreciate your response and will look into the option you provided. And please Brent, never assume what I might or might like or need my friend. Food for thought.

If I had NOT been honest and forthright, you would have never know my situation and would not have worried. I am confident you have and will continue to have guests that are far less mobile than me that check in on a weekly basis. And if you knew their stories, you would have declined their arrival and missed out on opportunities to meet amazing souls. You judged me without merit and chose not to speak with me directly and this is disturbing and troubling, and certainly not qualities I wish to explore further.

Respectfully,


Eric

From: Santa Barbara Tourist Hostel [mailto:sbhostel@verizon.net] Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 3:51 PMTo: 'eslane'Cc: BrentSubject: RE: The arrival of Eric Scott Lane

Dear Eric

I have read with interest and respect your email; however I don't think you would get the rest you need at our youth hostel; most of our guests are teenagers and early 20's and like to party too much!

I would recommend the State Street Hotel; they have a mainly European clientele and their private room prices are the same as ours. This is their address: 121 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101 -
Map and telephone number 805-966-6586.

I wish you well.

Regards

Brent Smith
-----Original Message-----From: eslane [mailto:eslanentx@netportusa.com] Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 10:42 PMTo: info@sbhostel.comSubject: The arrival of Eric Scott Lane
Dear Brent and Louise,

I had the pleasure to speak with one of your associates tonight, Lola, regarding my desire and wish to stay at your Hostel for an extended time period, two (2) weeks, from May 2nd through May 13th, 2006. I understand that my request may seem suspicious and strange at first glance and therefore, I wanted to take the time to introduce the two of you to me, prior to you making a decision regarding my upcoming stay.

I am a 40 year old single man that currently resides in Dallas, Texas. Throughout my life’s path I have been granted many things and I have given back to others never demanding, a simple thank you suits me fine. I graduated with honors from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and pursued a higher degree and obtained a Masters of Fine Art in Painting from the San Francisco Art Institute. My life work started with the ‘California dream’ and as my life ends I continue to dream and desire to spend more time in California and by preference, choose Santa Barbara as a place of thought, beauty, intrigue, wisdom and higher knowledge.

In November of 2005 I visited my biological family, as illness forced me from my home in Indialantic, Florida back to the nest in Rockwall, Texas after 23 years with some social security money, dirty laundry, and fear of the unknown. I was greeted with smiles and my journey, my life path, altered. I was diagnosed with end stage liver failure as the result of an auto-immune dysfunction and was told I was terminal by the best physicians money could ‘buy’, in Dallas, with family by my side, at the U T Southwestern Medical Center. As a result, I was placed on Hospice care in January and continue to reside with my parents, younger brother and sister keeping close watch.

This past Friday I was to see my board certified physician, Dr. Clinton Childs and after crossing every T and dotting every I, my condition has not improved and although I continue to have a glimmer of hope, I am resolute to the fact that my path will be shortened and my giving will eventually stop and I will eventually experience that which I once feared and now revere as sacred, the spiritual world. My path pre-chosen, and agreed upon hereafter, I continue to push forward with sheer will, determination and that which the soul so blinding yearns for, but often lacks, love, pure and simple.

With this in mind, I write to you to ask for your compassion and understanding to allow me to visit you hospice for an extended stay so that I may continue my path in Santa Barbara, an area where I called home once before, with conviction. I do not want to be pitied nor be a burden to you, however; would be forever indebted and grateful if you allowed me some time to meet others from around the world that travel and seek what I seek, understanding, passion for life, answers to some of life’s most challenging questions and love, plain and simple.

I view myself as a kindred spirit, a warrior of sorts and know my limitations, have been cleared to travel and would not be taking a trip without proper forethought and knowledge. I have more to give, paintings to paint, words to write and good deeds to do so that I may return, ready to rest my ‘shell’ and allow my spirit to soar. I can provide you with any and all paperwork you may need that confirms my intentions, my medical condition and my travel plans. I could make other plans or arrangements for my approaching trip to California, however; I believe in serendipity and yearn for more and with your gratitude, this I will have and the rest will be a moment in time cherished, not only by me, but by those who know me and are yet to know me as I celebrate my life.

I appreciate your thoughtfulness and consideration prior to making a decision and invite you to get to know me a little better by looking at some of my photos of the trip I was granted by the Dream Foundation of Santa Barbara, California. After fulfilling my dream to spend time with friends in San Diego, the Dream Coordinators wanted to give me more and so they flew me back to California to shoot a television spot for them on KTLA so that more awareness and money can be raised to grant other terminal people, like me, a final dream. In a sense I have been adopted and my family is extended and I only want to give that what I know to be real, honest and forthright, that being myself.

My photographs can be found on: www.serendipity2006.shutterfly.com

San Diego photographs can be found at: www.sandiegodream2006.shutterfly.com

I can provide references upon request and would be honored to meet the two of you in person.

Very truly yours,



Eric Scott Lane
eslanentx@netportusa.com
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home