Thursday

Pictographic Divider

a new edition

Today my father arrives home from the hospital, a week of surgery re-cooperation and two weeks of rehabilitation and although he is nowhere near close to being 'healed' as they will not know the results of the surgery for six months to one year, his attitude has been upbeat, his demeanor calming and his determination on making a full recovery promising as he has set personal goals, however small they may be, but goals none the less and now it will be interesting to watch the other members of the family assist, which is something we all know this family is capable of, but has failed at every recent attempt.

It will be interesting to see if his drive and determination continues when he is strolled into the environment he left, an environment of bad habits and little else than the television set as stimulation. Now, he will have physical therapy three times a week, need help bathing, lifting, carrying and moving for not a day or a week but for many weeks to come and with this amount of attention needed, the stress levels are bound to increase and how each person channels their energy will play a crucial role into his recovery or his returning to habits of old.

I personally hope that when he sees my drive, my will my no is not an option attitude it may inspire him as he has already told me one of his goals is to walk with me down the street, not far he said, but a ways down the street. That ways would speak volumes to me in his ability and my
hope and will to travel on this journey that is my life.

And all the bickering and bantering, the bitching and the yelling that once surrounded these walls in stereo sound have to discontinue or the habits of old will lurk their heads, take hold and refuse to let go, surgery unsuccessful. A dysfunctional family showing its ugly colors one more time for all those watching and listening to see and hear.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home