Thursday

Pictographic Divider

you

The excuses you make no longer sadden me. I expect them. I listen as you continue to twist your words, thinking of something to say almost as if I have become an unwanted chore to you. But you continue to call, communication lacking, as your shaken voice stumbles again and again over your own words, unkept promises and incomplete thoughts.

I rarely ask what you are thinking for when that is shared I can smell your dishonesty. The loyalty once envied by the masses has evaporated like waters from a drought stricken creek. I watch and see clearly the thick layer of gunk and soil stains that resemble who you have become.

Occasionally I see a weed where a flower once stood in the colors you continue to wear. I dare not step on it out of respect. You speak of the hollowness of others but in reality you speak of yourself and I am not blind yet, I see it...
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home