Saturday

Pictographic Divider

declaring ownership

I am beginning to wonder, with a sense of a defeatism, why it is so important to declare ownership in a living environment. I live in a place that has declared owners and their declaration does not end at the structure nor with one mention of what they own. Everything I can view, touch, smell and taste and hear (the five senses) has ownership and its significance, although petty and not great to me, places a large role on my current surrounding.

The structure, ownership. The animals within the structure, ownership. The degree to which another can feel comfortable in the surroundings, ownership. The indoor air temperature, ownership. The water drank, ownership with a separate bottle marked 'B' for my father's bottle of water. The same bottle that was declared but has remained in the refrigerator door since ownership was placed upon it and the rest of us were made aware of his prize claim. The food we eat and often the menu placed on the table, ownership. And the time at which food is prepared or served, ownership and If my ideas are objectionable, which usually there are, I prepare for myself or simply prepare for all and do not eat at that given time. I walk back to my borrowed space and just shake my head in wonderment.
link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home