Wednesday

Pictographic Divider

pre-K

I just was outside speaking with a neighbor and his young (five and a half she told me) daughter and I happened to ask her what she wanted to be when she grew up. This was after I put the idea of ice cream and barbie dolls in her head to the shaking NO of her father as it is bed time...

She replied, 'I want to be a teacher'. So I asked here what kind of teacher and she said without hesitation, 'pre-K'. Next week she will want a cell phone and her own personal laptop. Tomorrow she will draw me a 'home made' kitty party picture at school. Yes, school year round and she loves it. Reading on the second grade level and a brother following in her footsteps. So innocent and so many streaks ofbrillance. Her parents will have their hands full.

Thousands of days ago, we used to ask my brother what he wanted to be and he would tell us an elephant. And the eggs, when asked how he wanted them cooked at a local Sambo's, he replied, 'well done' to the waitress, to my eight year old laughter.
link

1 Comments:

Blogger Fox's Mom said...

Sambo's! Thank-you for remembering! They made the best pancakes, and just now I really can taste them although it's been years since the chain closed-Thank-you!

I needed a nice memory today, again, thank-you.

And I'm glad to read/see that the trip was great, I was kinda holding my breath:)

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home